Artlink was formed in 1992 and is the longest established professional art company in Inishowen, Co. Donegal. Artlink’s remit is for the North West, including Northern Ireland.
Artlink Office, Studio and Workshop spaces are based at the historical and picturesque location of Fort Dunree Military Museum, Buncrana.
Artlink is a registered charity and receives ongoing support from the Arts Council and Donegal County Council.
Aims and Objectives
· To provide an organisation which creatively empowers the local community and area, an organisation, which the community have ownership and involvement in.
· To support the ambitions and profile of national and international artists by providing a platform for innovative artistic delivery and realisation.
· To increase public knowledge, understanding and appreciation of national and international contemporary art.
· To present an innovative range of changing exhibitions, events, residencies, public art and education programmes.
· To develop and widen Artlink’s audience creating an accessible programme of activity.
· To place Artlink on the international map through international collaborations, residencies and exchanges.
· To give the best service to all Artlink visitors.
· Improve Artlink’s financial position and to spend funding to benefit Artlink, those associated to it and the surrounding area.
Artlink’s Mission is to link artists to the community and the community to art by devising and delivering innovative art projects resulting in exhibitions, public art and community projects. Artlink seeks to captivate the imagination of the public through participatory, educational and outreach programmes.
It invests in National and International emerging and professional artists by creating opportunities for artists to develop their creativity and art practice. The results of which are shared with the local and wider communities by delighting, challenging and stimulating the audiences of Inishowen County Donegal and beyond.
For 20 years Artlink was based at Tullyarvan Mill. The projects carried out during this time are documented on the archived website.